configuration problems with Debian and derivates

From
msm.scaglione@libero.it

I need to work with postgresql with Debian bat Pgadmin can't find the locahost server

I supposed it were only a problem of mine. I installed virtualbox and xubuntu on it: pgadmin can't find local server just like on debian

I followed the installation instruction in the official site

Is there a configuration problem with Debian and derivates?

thank you in advance

Re: configuration problems with Debian and derivates

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
I need to work with postgresql with Debian bat Pgadmin can't find the locahost server

I supposed it were only a problem of mine. I installed virtualbox and xubuntu on it: pgadmin can't find local server just like on debian

I followed the installation instruction in the official site

I use Ubuntu in VirtualBox just fine.  You should provide more detail as to you exact setup, including what is running on the host and what is in the client.  Installation commands.  Skip pgAdmin and check with psql and show its command line.  Etc...

David J.

Re: configuration problems with Debian and derivates

From
"msm.scaglione@libero.it"

I installed postgres following instructions in the pragraph

Included in distribution

in

https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

then

sudo apt-get install pgadmin3

because pgadmin4 is not in  the repositories but a previou attempt adding pgadmin4 repositories gave the same relsults with pgadmin4 too

from terminal

su

su - postgres

psql