Need to confirm jdk/Java version required?

From
Mayur Mundada
Date:
Hello Team,

This is Mayur and I am  learning postgresql . So just need to confirm about jdk and java versions required for postgresql server .

Do we need Jdk/java for postgresql server? If yes then please let me know the version comparability with postgresql version 9/10/11/12.

Thanks and Regards
Mayur Mundada
9860900093

Re: Need to confirm jdk/Java version required?

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Mayur Mundada schrieb am 23.06.2020 um 16:43:
> This is Mayur and I am  learning postgresql . So just need to confirm about jdk and java versions required for
postgresqlserver .

> Do we need Jdk/java for postgresql server? If yes then please let me know the version comparability with postgresql
version9/10/11/12.

The Postgres server does not need Java at all.

Thomas

Re: Need to confirm jdk/Java version required?

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
Do we need Jdk/java for postgresql server? If yes then please let me know the version comparability with postgresql version 9/10/11/12.

No, the PostgreSQL server does not require Java.  There are some third-party extensions that make using Java within client application code in the server possible.

David J.