explicit_bzero for sslpassword

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
Since commit 74a308cf5221f we use explicit_bzero on pgpass and connhost
password in libpq, but not sslpassword which seems an oversight.  The attached
performs an explicit_bzero before freeing like the pattern for other password
variables.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment

Re: explicit_bzero for sslpassword

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 02:33:40PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Since commit 74a308cf5221f we use explicit_bzero on pgpass and connhost
> password in libpq, but not sslpassword which seems an oversight.  The attached
> performs an explicit_bzero before freeing like the pattern for other password
> variables.

Good catch, let's fix that.  I would like to apply your suggested fix,
but let's see first if others have any comments.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: explicit_bzero for sslpassword

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 2020-05-20 07:56, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 02:33:40PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> Since commit 74a308cf5221f we use explicit_bzero on pgpass and connhost
>> password in libpq, but not sslpassword which seems an oversight.  The attached
>> performs an explicit_bzero before freeing like the pattern for other password
>> variables.
>
> Good catch, let's fix that.  I would like to apply your suggested fix,
> but let's see first if others have any comments.

Looks correct to me.

Date:
On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 10:06:55AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Looks correct to me.

Thanks for confirming, Peter.  Got this one applied.
--
Michael

Attachment