The order of columns about WAL activity in pg_stat_statements

From
Fujii Masao
Date:
Hi,

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/pgstatstatements.html

In pg_stat_statements docs, the columns about WAL activity are put
in the table in the order of wal_bytes, wal_records and wal_fpi. But
in the definition of pg_stat_statements view, wal_bytes is put last.
So I think that it's better to reorder those columns in a consistent
with the view definition. Patch attached. Thought?

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION

Attachment

Re: The order of columns about WAL activity in pg_stat_statements

Date:
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> writes:
> In pg_stat_statements docs, the columns about WAL activity are put
> in the table in the order of wal_bytes, wal_records and wal_fpi. But
> in the definition of pg_stat_statements view, wal_bytes is put last.
> So I think that it's better to reorder those columns in a consistent
> with the view definition. Patch attached. Thought?

I already fixed this in my pending patch to restructure the catalog
docs [1].

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/14810.1589128043%40sss.pgh.pa.us

On 2020/05/14 0:41, Tom Lane wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> writes:
>> In pg_stat_statements docs, the columns about WAL activity are put
>> in the table in the order of wal_bytes, wal_records and wal_fpi. But
>> in the definition of pg_stat_statements view, wal_bytes is put last.
>> So I think that it's better to reorder those columns in a consistent
>> with the view definition. Patch attached. Thought?
>
> I already fixed this in my pending patch to restructure the catalog
> docs [1].

Sounds nice. Thanks!