what is the best way to access cold data on another server?

From
Amine Tengilimoglu
Date:
Hello everyone;

    In addition to the actively used data, there are other data that are very little accessed. I want to separate the less used data to save space and reduce maintenance operations. I want to use a separate postgres instance for this. Now the question is; How do I link these two instances? postgres_fdw or dblink? or what other solution? Which one would be better?

thanks in advance..

Re: what is the best way to access cold data on another server?

From
Laurenz Albe
Date:
On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 10:12 +0300, Amine Tengilimoglu wrote:
> In addition to the actively used data, there are other data that are very little accessed.
> I want to separate the less used data to save space and reduce maintenance operations.
> I want to use a separate postgres instance for this. Now the question is; How do I link
> these two instances? postgres_fdw or dblink? or what other solution? Which one would be better?

Foreign Data Wrapper is a good option, and yes, it is secure.

Another option would be to store these data as CSV files and use file_fdw
to define them as "external tables".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Date: