what to log in csvlogs

From
Mary Johnson
Date:
Hi,

Can you please let me know if we can control what to log when log destination is 'csvlog'?
Also, can we control when to log to display only select queries of a few specific tables?

Thanks,
mary

Re: what to log in csvlogs

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 5/10/20 11:27 AM, Mary Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please let me know if we can control what to log when log
> destination is 'csvlog'?

No, it is set to the fields described here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-CSVLOG

What is in those fields is determined by the settings mentioned in the
link above.

> Also, can we control when to log to display only select queries of a few
> specific tables?

Not with the built in logger.
Other folks maybe able to point you at third party software that can do
this.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

SV: what to log in csvlogs

From
Niels Jespersen

Can you please let me know if we can control what to log when log destination is 'csvlog'?

Also, can we control when to log to display only select queries of a few specific tables?

Thanks,

Mary

The Pgaudit extension will let you audit specific actions to specific tables.

Regard Niels Jespersen