PostgreSQL native multi-master

From
Vano Beridze
Date:
Hello,

What are the plans to support multi-master natively?
What solution would you recommend at this point? preferably free.

Kind regards,
Vano

Re: PostgreSQL native multi-master

From
Andreas Kretschmer

Am 07.04.20 um 13:39 schrieb Vano Beridze:
> Hello,
>
> What are the plans to support multi-master natively?
> What solution would you recommend at this point? preferably free.

BDR3 works well for our customers, but it isn't free. You can ask us for
more information.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: PostgreSQL native multi-master

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
Greetings,

* Vano Beridze (vanuatoo@gmail.com) wrote:
> What are the plans to support multi-master natively?
> What solution would you recommend at this point? preferably free.

You probably want to look at logical replication, which allows you to
replicate data from one PG server to another (with both allowing
writes).  This doesn't have any conflict resolution today, so you have
to make sure there aren't any conflicts or you might end up breaking the
replication.

Having conflict resolution included in core would certainly be nice but
I'm not aware of anyone currently working on it.  I'm sure there are
organizations out there who are committed to open source and who would
be happy to work with you to add that capability to PG though.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment

Re: PostgreSQL native multi-master

From
Joshua Drake
Date:
In this instance, BDR from 2ndquadrant is probably your best bet. It is commercial but they are a community supporting company.

JD