NEEDING HELP: dropping none-existing extension

From
Axel Rau
Date:
Hi all

during upgrade from 11 to 12, pg_upgrade errors out:
- - -
could not load library "$libdir/pg_repack": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/pg_repack": No such file or
directory
Database: development
Database: operations
Database: pki_op
- - -
I find no extension pg_repack, only views with that name in those DBs.
While trying to drop them, I get:
- - -
ERROR: cannot drop schema repack because extension pg_repack requires it HINT: You can drop extension pg_repack
instead.
- - -

How can I get rid of those views?

Axel
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius

Attachment

Re: NEEDING HELP: dropping none-existing extension

Date:
Axel Rau <Axel.Rau@chaos1.de> writes:
> during upgrade from 11 to 12, pg_upgrade errors out:
> - - -
> could not load library "$libdir/pg_repack": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/pg_repack": No such file or
directory
> Database: development
> Database: operations
> Database: pki_op
> - - -
> I find no extension pg_repack, only views with that name in those DBs.
> While trying to drop them, I get:
> - - -
> ERROR: cannot drop schema repack because extension pg_repack requires it HINT: You can drop extension pg_repack
instead.

It is really, really, really difficult to believe that you got that
error if there's not any extension pg_repack in the database.  Even
granting the possibility of catalog corruption, there would have
to be some row in pg_extension containing extname = 'pg_repack', or
the message text could not have been generated.  So look again ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: NEEDING HELP: dropping none-existing extension

From
Ron
Date:
On 4/4/20 10:48 AM, Axel Rau wrote:
> Hi all
>
> during upgrade from 11 to 12, pg_upgrade errors out:
> - - -
> could not load library "$libdir/pg_repack": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/pg_repack": No such file or
directory
> Database: development
> Database: operations
> Database: pki_op
> - - -
> I find no extension pg_repack, only views with that name in those DBs.
> While trying to drop them, I get:
> - - -
> ERROR: cannot drop schema repack because extension pg_repack requires it HINT: You can drop extension pg_repack
instead.
> - - -
>
> How can I get rid of those views?

Are you trying to drop the extension pg_repack *before* doing the upgrade?