pgsql: doc: remove mention of bitwise operators as solely type-limited

doc:  remove mention of bitwise operators as solely type-limited

There are other operators that have limited number data type support, so
just remove the sentence.

Reported-by: Sergei Agalakov

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/158032651854.19851.16261832706661813796@wrigleys.postgresql.org

Backpatch-through: 9.5

Branch
------
REL9_5_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/116381955900d55e24520014eeeecefce7ac7dd6

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/func.sgml | 5 ++---

Re: pgsql: doc: remove mention of bitwise operators as solelytype-limited

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 2020-04-01 00:44, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> doc:  remove mention of bitwise operators as solely type-limited
>
> There are other operators that have limited number data type support, so
> just remove the sentence.

     <para>
-    The bitwise operators work only on integral data types, whereas
-    the others are available for all numeric data types.  The bitwise
-    operators are also available for the bit
+    The bitwise operators work only on integral data types, and are also
+    available for the bit
      shown in <xref linkend="functions-bit-string-op-table">.
     </para>

The comma before "and" should be removed.

Re: pgsql: doc: remove mention of bitwise operators as solelytype-limited

Date:
On Thu, Apr  2, 2020 at 07:23:06AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2020-04-01 00:44, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > doc:  remove mention of bitwise operators as solely type-limited
> >
> > There are other operators that have limited number data type support, so
> > just remove the sentence.
>
>     <para>
> -    The bitwise operators work only on integral data types, whereas
> -    the others are available for all numeric data types.  The bitwise
> -    operators are also available for the bit
> +    The bitwise operators work only on integral data types, and are also
> +    available for the bit
>      shown in <xref linkend="functions-bit-string-op-table">.
>     </para>
>
> The comma before "and" should be removed.

Done.