pgsql: dummy commit

Date:
dummy commit

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/834b80464d653c976787f5b5849fa0595678d0a0

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/mvcc.sgml | 9 ++++++---

Re: pgsql: dummy commit

Date:
My apologies for this commit;  it will be reverted now.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 09:27:40PM +0000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> dummy commit
>
> Branch
> ------
> master
>
> Details
> -------
> https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/834b80464d653c976787f5b5849fa0595678d0a0
>
> Modified Files
> --------------
> doc/src/sgml/mvcc.sgml | 9 ++++++---
> 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

Re: pgsql: dummy commit

Date:
> dummy commit

Uh, what?

Also, I disagree with your change of the wording about savepoint
rollbacks.  I agree that "if the savepoint is rolled back to"
is a bit awkward, but I think dropping the "to" is flat wrong.
The savepoint is a point you roll back to, it doesn't itself
disappear when you do so.  That's why the SQL syntax is
"ROLLBACK TO savepoint" and not just "ROLLBACK savepoint".

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: dummy commit

Date:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 05:34:50PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > dummy commit
>
> Uh, what?
>
> Also, I disagree with your change of the wording about savepoint
> rollbacks.  I agree that "if the savepoint is rolled back to"
> is a bit awkward, but I think dropping the "to" is flat wrong.
> The savepoint is a point you roll back to, it doesn't itself
> disappear when you do so.  That's why the SQL syntax is
> "ROLLBACK TO savepoint" and not just "ROLLBACK savepoint".

OK, I will re-add the "to".