The delayed-list-mail-delivery problem is back

Date:
I've been noticing substantial delays (up to tens of minutes) in delivery
of email to various PG lists for the last day or so.  This is quite
annoying while we're trying to get our ducks in a row for a release ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: The delayed-list-mail-delivery problem is back

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 10:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I've been noticing substantial delays (up to tens of minutes) in delivery
> of email to various PG lists for the last day or so.  This is quite
> annoying while we're trying to get our ducks in a row for a release ...

Do you have an example or two?

I know we have an ongoing network issue in a DC right now which might
affect delivery to the archives (but shouldn't affect user-to-user
delivery), but that has not been going on for that long at all.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Re: The delayed-list-mail-delivery problem is back

Date:
> On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 10:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I've been noticing substantial delays (up to tens of minutes) in delivery
>> of email to various PG lists for the last day or so.  This is quite
>> annoying while we're trying to get our ducks in a row for a release ...

> Do you have an example or two?

The message you just answered took circa half an hour to come back here:

    by sss.pgh.pa.us (8.14.4/8.14.4) with ESMTP id 019LBJqT010541
    for <pgsql-www@lists.postgresql.org>; Sun, 9 Feb 2020 16:11:19 -0500

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020, 22:58 Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 10:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I've been noticing substantial delays (up to tens of minutes) in delivery
> of email to various PG lists for the last day or so.  This is quite
> annoying while we're trying to get our ducks in a row for a release ...

Do you have an example or two?

I know we have an ongoing network issue in a DC right now which might
affect delivery to the archives (but shouldn't affect user-to-user
delivery), but that has not been going on for that long at all.

This seems to have been related to that data center issue and things should all be back to normal now.

/Magnus