PostgresSQL 10 on remote server - Socket is not connected(0x00002749/10057)

From
Tanja Savic

I’m running a pgAdmin from Windows 10 :

pgAdmin  Version: 4.17

Python Version: 3.7.3 (v3.7.3:ef4ec6ed12, Mar 25 2019, 21:26:53) [MSC v.1916 32 bit (Intel)]

and I’m able to connect to the remote server. I can see schemas and tables, but when I want to run a query I get this error:

could not send data to server: Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) could not send SSL negotiation packet: Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057)

Running queries on local DB instance is ok, error happens only when I connect to the remote server.

DB Version : PostgresSQL 10.10

I do not remember doing some changes that could cause this error. Is there any solution for this problem, cause I didn’t googled out any?

Thank you for you time.

Best,

Tanja

Re: PostgresSQL 10 on remote server - Socket is not connected(0x00002749/10057)

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 1/22/20 2:18 AM, Tanja Savic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m running a pgAdmin from Windows 10 :
>
> pgAdmin Version: 4.17
>
> Python Version:**3.7.3 (v3.7.3:ef4ec6ed12, Mar 25 2019, 21:26:53) [MSC
> v.1916 32 bit (Intel)]
>
> and I’m able to connect to the remote server. I can see schemas and
> tables, but when I want to run a query I get this error:
>
> could not send data to server: Socket is not connected
> (0x00002749/10057) could not send SSL negotiation packet: Socket is not
> connected (0x00002749/10057)

What are the connection settings?

What is the query that fails?

Can you connect to the remote using psql?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

I can connect to remote server using psql and it works normally, I can do the select, function calls..

But in pgAdmin, even SELECT 1 doesn't work.

Also, the weirdest thing is that it actually worked for a brief moment, because I logged using pgAdmin and created some
simplefunction  which I can call without a problem when I'm logged using psql.
But to call it from pgAdmin, it gives me the error again (Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057))

BR,
Tanja

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Date:
On 1/24/20 2:31 AM, Tanja Savic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your replies.
>
> I can connect to remote server using psql and it works normally, I can do the select, function calls..
>
> But in pgAdmin, even SELECT 1 doesn't work.
>
> Also, the weirdest thing is that it actually worked for a brief moment, because I logged using pgAdmin and created
somesimple function  which I can call without a problem when I'm logged using psql.

> But to call it from pgAdmin, it gives me the error again (Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057))

 From the pgAdmin issue tracker(you will need Postgres community account
to see below):

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4970

The relevant part:

"An error occured opening the socket after Windows Update from 17.09 to
19.09:

could not send data to server: Socket is not connected
(0x00002749/10057) could not send startup packet. Socket is not
connected (0x00002749/10057)

"

"There is discussion here on this -

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/some-programsapps-unable-to-connect-after-windows/689f7204-63fa-4f03-857a-3e4b0ff7d0ce
One of the solution was to reset tcpip stack. I would suggest you to try
it once.
Kindly let us know if it fixed for you."

There was no response from the issue submitter so I assume the above worked.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Hi,

I reset tcpip stack but didn't work, same error and behavior.

Tanja

> I can connect to remote server using psql and it works normally, I can do the select, function calls..
>
> But in pgAdmin, even SELECT 1 doesn't work.
>
> Also, the weirdest thing is that it actually worked for a brief moment, because I logged using pgAdmin and created
somesimple function  which I can call without a problem when I'm logged using psql.

> But to call it from pgAdmin, it gives me the error again (Socket is
> not connected (0x00002749/10057))

 From the pgAdmin issue tracker(you will need Postgres community account to see below):

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4970

The relevant part:

"An error occured opening the socket after Windows Update from 17.09 to
19.09:

could not send data to server: Socket is not connected
(0x00002749/10057) could not send startup packet. Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057)

"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Date:
On 1/27/20 8:37 AM, Tanja Savic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I reset tcpip stack but didn't work, same error and behavior.

Next ideas:

1) Check the Windows system logs for any clues.

2) Did you recently upgrade pgAdmin?

3) How did you install pgAdmin?

--
Adrian Klaver