Bug in Wiki page

From
Date:
Hi

The page

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt

mentions under "Quickstart" the URI

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main

and later

sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
$(lsb_release -cs)-pgdg main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list'

as the way to do it.

Fact is that the trailing slash is wrong and leads to an apt-mirror
error. Correct would be

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt bionic-pgdg main

in our use case.

HTH, Andreas

PS: Didn't want to create a login just to correct that.
--
Andreas Weber
Senior ICT Software Engineer

Eidgenössisches Justiz- und Polizeidepartement EJPD
Informatik Service Center ISC-EJPD
Technologie
Fellerstrasse 15, 3003 Bern
Tel. +41 58 465 38 85
mailto:andreas.weber@isc-ejpd.admin.ch
http://www.isc-ejpd.admin.ch

Re: Bug in Wiki page

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On 2020-Jan-15, andreas.weber@isc-ejpd.admin.ch wrote:

> Fact is that the trailing slash is wrong and leads to an apt-mirror
> error.

Fixed, thanks for reporting.

> PS: Didn't want to create a login just to correct that.

Yeah, there are other 7790 million people who can change it, right?

Re: Bug in Wiki page

From
Date:
Hi

On 15.01.20 16:54, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Fact is that the trailing slash is wrong and leads to an apt-mirror
>> error.
>
> Fixed, thanks for reporting.

Your welcome.

>> PS: Didn't want to create a login just to correct that.
>
> Yeah, there are other 7790 million people who can change it, right?

No need to be cynical. I have about a gazillion logins already that I
never use anymore, so I thought: Why fill your database with a
one-time-user? Plan B would have been: f#ck the error, works for me, let
the other 7790 million fall into the hole themselves.

Now I was cynical.

Have a nice day.