Need auto fail over cluster solution for PostGres

From
Girish Kumar

Hello,

I need to setup an auto fail over cluster for Postgres similar to Always Available Group(AAG) provided by Microsoft for SQL Server. Any suggestions? Prefer open source solutions(On Ubuntu)

Regards,

Girish kumar

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Need auto fail over cluster solution for PostGres

From
Fabrízio de Royes Mello

Em seg., 30 de dez. de 2019 às 13:30, Girish Kumar <girish_kumar@live.in> escreveu:

> Hello,
>
> I need to setup an auto fail over cluster for Postgres similar to Always Available Group(AAG) provided by Microsoft for SQL Server. Any suggestions? Prefer open source solutions(On Ubuntu)

Some FOSS options:

https://github.com/zalando/patroni
https://github.com/sorintlab/stolon
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/PAF

   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

Re: Need auto fail over cluster solution for PostGres

From
Girish Kumar
Date:
If it's on Windows, does Windows Fail over cluster supports Postgres auto failover? I need a solution where secondary node becomes primary when primary fails and vice versa automatically without any manual intervention ( this is exactly how AAG works with SQL server on Windows)

Regards,
Girish kumar