logical replication protocol

From
Scott Ribe
Date:
I haven't been able to find documentation on the actual messages used in the logical replication protocol ('k' & 'w',
lowercase). I've figured things out mostly by reading pg_recvlogical.c, but "Read The Fine Source" doesn't seem in line
withthe way PG usually does it ;-)

Did I miss a doc somewhere in my searches???

Re: logical replication protocol

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> I haven't been able to find documentation on the actual messages used in the logical replication protocol ('k' & 'w',
lowercase). I've figured things out mostly by reading pg_recvlogical.c, but "Read The Fine Source" doesn't seem in line
withthe way PG usually does it ;-)

> Did I miss a doc somewhere in my searches???

The logical replication protocol builds on the primitives of the
physical streaming replication protocol as stated in the document. The
explanation of 'k' and 'w' messages can be found in the "Streaming
Replication Protocol" section.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Date:
> On Dec 24, 2019, at 6:12 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>
> The logical replication protocol builds on the primitives of the
> physical streaming replication protocol as stated in the document. The
> explanation of 'k' and 'w' messages can be found in the "Streaming
> Replication Protocol" section.

That's what I missed--thanks