Slow Query

From
"Anjul Tyagi"
Date:
Hi Expert,

we are having weird issue, i have query that is running fine when i run that in pgadmin. however same query keep running from application. I checked the explain plan and other details and did not found anything.

Can you please help me, how can i figure out more to identify the root cause.

Regards,

Anjul TYAGI

ü Go Green

Re: Slow Query

From
sunil kumar
Date:
Hi,
    First of all you need to check you query once. While in PostgreSQL we can only test fewer data than the whole.
We always use limit in editor to test query. Its costly when you use select everything from table. Can we see your query and execution plan.

we are having weird issue, i have query that is running fine when i run that in pgadmin. however same query keep running from application. I checked the explain plan and other details and did not found anything.

Can you please help me, how can i figure out more to identify the root cause.

Regards,

Anjul TYAGI

ü Go Green

Re: Slow Query

From
"Anjul Tyagi"
Date:
I am running query without limit.. it works fine in PGAdmin.

Regards,

Anjul TYAGI

ü Go Green

    First of all you need to check you query once. While in PostgreSQL we can only test fewer data than the whole.
We always use limit in editor to test query. Its costly when you use select everything from table. Can we see your query and execution plan.

we are having weird issue, i have query that is running fine when i run that in pgadmin. however same query keep running from application. I checked the explain plan and other details and did not found anything.

Can you please help me, how can i figure out more to identify the root cause.

Regards,

Anjul TYAGI

ü Go Green

Re: Slow Query

From
Luca Ferrari
Date:
On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 3:27 PM Anjul Tyagi <anjul@ibosstech-us.com> wrote:

> I am running query without limit.. it works fine in PGAdmin.

You haven't specified the execution plan, nor the application technology.
My 2 cents go to the fact that the application (driver) could be
allocating resources to handle the query, and that is something that
costs.
Are you really sure the query executed by the application is the query
you are running or is there any ORM behind the scene?
What about using auto_explain to see what happens?

Luca

Re: Slow Query

From
sunil kumar
Date:
Ok.. so may i know the caller platform.. and how you are calling the query whether it is a Funtion or a query only. And which type of conditions you are applying to return data?