pgsql: Honor MSVC WindowsSDKVersion if set

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
Honor MSVC WindowsSDKVersion if set

Add a line to the project file setting the target SDK. Otherwise, in for
example VS2017, if the default but optional 8.1 SDK is not installed the
build will fail.

Patch from Peifeng Qiu, slightly edited by me.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CABmtVJhw1boP_bd4=b3Qv5YnqEdL696NtHFi2ruiyQ6mFHkeQQ@mail.gmail.com

Backpatch to all live branches.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/20e99cdddbd3b55257827d621c2f9c592521cd4b

Modified Files
--------------
src/tools/msvc/MSBuildProject.pm | 13 +++++++++++++
1 file changed, 13 insertions(+)

Re: pgsql: Honor MSVC WindowsSDKVersion if set

Date:
> Honor MSVC WindowsSDKVersion if set

Hmm, dory seems unhappy with this:

syntax error at C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/MSBuildProject.pm line 50, near ", =~"
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/MSBuildProject.pmline 414.
Compilation failed in require at C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/VSObjectFactory.pm line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/VSObjectFactory.pm line
16.
Compilation failed in require at C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/Solution.pm line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/Solution.pm line 11.
Compilation failed in require at C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at build.pl line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at build.pl line 13.

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On 7/25/19 1:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Honor MSVC WindowsSDKVersion if set
> Hmm, dory seems unhappy with this:
>
> syntax error at C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/MSBuildProject.pm line 50, near ", =~"
> BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
C:\pgbuildfarm\pgbuildroot\HEAD\pgsql.build\src\tools\msvc/MSBuildProject.pmline 414.

Sometimes my fingers don't do what my brain tells them.

Will fix.

cheers

andrew

I wrote:
>> Honor MSVC WindowsSDKVersion if set

> Hmm, dory seems unhappy with this:

Looking closer, it seems to be just a stray comma, so I fixed that.

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On 7/25/19 2:43 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>> Honor MSVC WindowsSDKVersion if set
>> Hmm, dory seems unhappy with this:
> Looking closer, it seems to be just a stray comma, so I fixed that.

Thanks for fixing

cheers

andrew