are there any expectations about pg indexes having prefix compression?

From
Alexandre hadjinlian guerra
Date:
Hi
i cant find any info about PG using btree prefix compression or dictionary based compression. May i ask the status for these features?

Thanks

Re: are there any expectations about pg indexes having prefix compression?

From
Peter Geoghegan
Date:
On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 10:35 PM Alexandre hadjinlian guerra
<alexhguerra@gmail.com> wrote:
> i cant find any info about PG using btree prefix compression or dictionary based compression. May i ask the status
forthese features?

Optional prefix compression would make sense, but there are currently
no active plans to add on it that I'm aware of.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: are there any expectations about pg indexes having prefixcompression?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 2019-07-06 07:35, Alexandre hadjinlian guerra wrote:
> i cant find any info about PG using btree prefix compression or
> dictionary based compression. May i ask the status for these features?

spgist indexes give you a kind of prefix de-duplication, so maybe this
would help in some use cases.