Update materialized view definition kills indexes

From
Louis Brauer
Date:
Hi there

I’ve noticed that in the recent version of pgAdmin 4.8 when I update the definition of a MATERIALIZED VIEW, the indexed
willnot be recreated.

Personally I think that pgAdmin should recreate the indexes or at least warn the user that the indexes will be gone.

What do you think?

- Louis

Re: Update materialized view definition kills indexes

From
Khushboo Vashi

I’ve noticed that in the recent version of pgAdmin 4.8 when I update the definition of a MATERIALIZED VIEW, the indexed will not be recreated.

Personally I think that pgAdmin should recreate the indexes or at least warn the user that the indexes will be gone.

What do you think?

We will check the feasibility and accordingly will act on the request.
- Louis