4.8 docs build error

From
Christoph Berg
Date:
reading sources... [ 95%] unique_constraint_dialog
reading sources... [ 96%] user_interface
reading sources... [ 97%] user_management
reading sources... [ 98%] user_mapping_dialog
reading sources... [ 99%] using_pgagent
reading sources... [100%] view_dialog

Warning, treated as error:
/home/cbe/projects/postgresql/pgadmin4/pgadmin4/docs/en_US/code_snippets.rst:10:Unknown target name: "nodeview".
make[3]: *** [Makefile.sphinx:47: html] Fehler 2

The problem is in docs/en_US/build_code_snippet.py:

for m in [
    'PgAdminModule', 'NodeView',
    'BaseDriver', 'BaseConnection'
]:
    target.write("* {0}_\n".format(m))

Christoph

Re: 4.8 docs build error

From
Christoph Berg
Re: To pgAdmin III support 2019-06-04 <20190604124400.GA4782@msg.df7cb.de>
> The problem is in docs/en_US/build_code_snippet.py:

Christoph

Attachment

Re: 4.8 docs build error

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 2:11 PM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: To pgAdmin III support 2019-06-04 <20190604124400.GA4782@msg.df7cb.de>
> The problem is in docs/en_US/build_code_snippet.py:

This just works around the problem, and will result in incomplete docs. The correct solution is to ensure that you have the application dependencies installed in the environment in which you build the docs (it's actually a subset of them - you probably just need to add the cryptography module).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: 4.8 docs build error

From
Christoph Berg
Re: Dave Page 2019-06-05 <CA+OCxoz4ujskbnAC84d5QvPpBtg-sLcvwqD5ZmrA_5_MsSK9hA@mail.gmail.com>
> This just works around the problem, and will result in incomplete docs. The
> correct solution is to ensure that you have the application dependencies
> installed in the environment in which you build the docs (it's actually a
> subset of them - you probably just need to add the cryptography module).

Thanks Dave, that fixed it.

We already had almost all python runtime dependencies mirrored as
build-dependencies, but python3-crypto{,graphy} was indeed missing.

Will look at the other issue now and then update the package.

Christoph