BUG #15754: The CentOS RPM for PostgreSQL 11 disappeared and now throws a 404 error

From
PG Bug reporting form
Date:

Bug reference:      15754
Logged by:          raz varren
Email address:      skedar46@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.2
Operating system:   centos

I've been using the CentOS rpm for PostgreSQL 11 for a while now in my
docker containers. Today I noticed that the rpm now appears to be gone and
throws a 404 error, when it definitely used to work before. I'm sure of this
because a quick google search of the URL for the rpm, turns up several
articles linking to it, and google's cache of the postgres rpm download page
shows the centos rpm url.

This is the CentOS rpm for PostgreSQL 11 that no longer works:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-centos11-11-2.noarch.rpm

The CentOS rpm for PostgreSQL 10 appears to still work:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-centos10-10-2.noarch.rpm

I am assuming that this is a bug, as it seems very unusual for the postgres
team to remove a perfectly functional rpm for a common linux distro.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 07:36:34PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
>Bug reference:      15754
>Logged by:          raz varren
>Email address:      skedar46@yahoo.com
>PostgreSQL version: 11.2
>Operating system:   centos
>
>I've been using the CentOS rpm for PostgreSQL 11 for a while now in my
>docker containers. Today I noticed that the rpm now appears to be gone and
>throws a 404 error, when it definitely used to work before. I'm sure of this
>because a quick google search of the URL for the rpm, turns up several
>articles linking to it, and google's cache of the postgres rpm download page
>shows the centos rpm url.
>
>This is the CentOS rpm for PostgreSQL 11 that no longer works:
>https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-centos11-11-2.noarch.rpm
>
>The CentOS rpm for PostgreSQL 10 appears to still work:
>https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-centos10-10-2.noarch.rpm
>
>I am assuming that this is a bug, as it seems very unusual for the postgres
>team to remove a perfectly functional rpm for a common linux distro.

There were some changes to how the repositories are named on April 10. I
suppose it was expected to be a seamless change, but maybe that did not
work in your case. I'd try installing the new repo definition and see if
it solves the issue: https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php#pg11

regards