LDAP security connection

From
Pierre Ochsenbein
Date:
Dear community

I would like to create a connection security to PostgreSQL from Active Directory with auth LDAP.
Have you some recommendation for make this steps?

Have a great Friday

Re: LDAP security connection

From
Ilya Kosmodemiansky
Date:
Hi Pierre

in general, there is nothing too complicated -
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/auth-ldap.html because LDAP is just
an authentication method.

Details could be more tricky, but for that more details on your
requirements needed - do you use pgbouncer, do you need to sync roles
from AD etc.

best regards,
Ilya

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 9:58 AM Pierre Ochsenbein
<pierreochsenbein@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear community
>
> I would like to create a connection security to PostgreSQL from Active Directory with auth LDAP.
> Have you some recommendation for make this steps?
>
> Have a great Friday

Re: LDAP security connection

From
Holger Jakobs
Date:
If you run PostgreSQL on Windows (don't know whether and how it works on other OS), writing sspi instead of md5 in
pg_hba.confis sufficient to connect it to Active Directory.

Add a pg_ident file to match PG users with AD users an you are done.

Regards,
Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach
+49 178 9759012

Re: LDAP security connection

From
Pierre Ochsenbein
Date:
Hmm... windows? What it is? :D

PGSQL run in RHV

> Le 13 avr. 2019 à 07:13, Holger Jakobs <holger@jakobs.com> a écrit :
>
> If you run PostgreSQL on Windows (don't know whether and how it works on other OS), writing sspi instead of md5 in
pg_hba.confis sufficient to connect it to Active Directory.

> Add a pg_ident file to match PG users with AD users an you are done.
>
> Regards,
> Holger
>
> Am 12. April 2019 10:17:52 MESZ schrieb Ilya Kosmodemiansky <hydrobiont@gmail.com>:
>> Hi Pierre
>>
>> in general, there is nothing too complicated -
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/auth-ldap.html because LDAP is just
>> an authentication method.
>>
>> Details could be more tricky, but for that more details on your
>> requirements needed - do you use pgbouncer, do you need to sync roles
>> from AD etc.
>>
>> best regards,
>> Ilya
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 9:58 AM Pierre Ochsenbein
>> <pierreochsenbein@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear community
>>>
>>> I would like to create a connection security to PostgreSQL from
>> Active Directory with auth LDAP.
>>> Have you some recommendation for make this steps?
>>>
>>> Have a great Friday
>>>

> --
> Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach
> +49 178 9759012
> - sent from mobile, therefore short -

Re: LDAP security connection

From
bricklen

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 12:58 AM Pierre Ochsenbein <pierreochsenbein@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to create a connection security to PostgreSQL from Active Directory with auth LDAP.
Have you some recommendation for make this steps?

Stephen Frost wrote a blog post recently about using Active Directory with Postgres, which may be useful to you:

Re: LDAP security connection

From
Shreeyansh Dba
Date:
Hi Pierre,

Go through below link hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com