4.3 went on a diet?

From
Shaheed Haque
Date:
Hi,

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I noticed that whereas 4.1 and 4.2 weighed in at nearly 80MB, the 4.3 wheel is just over 50MB in size. Is that deliberate?

Thanks, Shaheed

Re: 4.3 went on a diet?

From
Dave Page

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I noticed that whereas 4.1 and 4.2 weighed in at nearly 80MB, the 4.3 wheel is just over 50MB in size. Is that deliberate?

Most likely because we updated all the screenshots in the docs to match the new UI (over 300 of them iirc).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: 4.3 went on a diet?

From
Shaheed Haque
Date:
I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I noticed that whereas 4.1 and 4.2 weighed in at nearly 80MB, the 4.3 wheel is just over 50MB in size. Is that deliberate?

Most likely because we updated all the screenshots in the docs to match the new UI (over 300 of them iirc).

Cool...thanks for checking.