Replication

From
Sonam Sharma
Date:
Hi,

Can we do master to master replication in Postgres.

Regards,
Sonam

Re: Replication

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
On 26 February 2019 10:41:19 CET, Sonam Sharma <sonams1209@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can we do master to master replication in Postgres.

Not in core, but with BDR.

Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company

Re: Replication

From
Filip Rembiałkowski
Date:
No - because there's no "out-of-the box" solution that creates two
replicas, both writable. It's said on
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/different-replication-solutions.html

Yes - because with current postgres features (logical rep, partitions,
foreign tables, ...) you can create solutions that effectively, have
more than one origin of truth.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 10:41 AM Sonam Sharma <sonams1209@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can we do master to master replication in Postgres.
>
> Regards,
> Sonam

Re: Replication

From
Steve Atkins

> On Feb 26, 2019, at 9:41 AM, Sonam Sharma <sonams1209@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Can we do master to master replication in Postgres.

Look at https://bucardo.org/Bucardo/ , BDR (e.g. https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/postgres-bdr-2ndquadrant/ ),
RubyRepor any of the other multimaster solutions at
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling#Replication.

You probably don't actually need bidirectional master-master replication, though, and might want to look hard at other
waysto do what you want.

Cheers,
  Steve