BUG #15634: extension missing

From
PG Bug reporting form
Date:

Bug reference:      15634
Logged by:          ramakrishnan r
Email address:      prakash.ramakrishnan.ap@nielsen.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.1
Operating system:   rhel 7.5

Hi Team,

We did the yum install PostgreSQL 11.1 on Linux server we facing some
issue.Not able to create the extension only showing below files.

postgres@brurhenppp001.enterprisenet.org:/usr/pgsql-11/share/extension
==> ll
total 12
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 332 Nov  7 12:36 plpgsql--1.0.sql
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 179 Nov  7 12:36 plpgsql.control
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 381 Nov  7 12:36 plpgsql--unpackaged--1.0.sql

npp=# create extension dblink;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file
"/usr/pgsql-11/share/extension/dblink.control": No such file or directory
npp=# create extension file_fdw;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file
"/usr/pgsql-11/share/extension/file_fdw.control": No such file or
directory
npp=# \q

please as soon as possible its production server.

Re: BUG #15634: extension missing

From
Andrew Gierth
Date:

 PG> We did the yum install PostgreSQL 11.1 on Linux server we facing
 PG> some issue.Not able to create the extension only showing below
 PG> files.

Some packagers put the contrib/* extension modules in a separate
-contrib package; install the version of that which goes with your
server.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Re: BUG #15634: extension missing

From
Prakash Ramakrishnan
Date:
Thanks for the update.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 7:45 PM Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

 PG> We did the yum install PostgreSQL 11.1 on Linux server we facing
 PG> some issue.Not able to create the extension only showing below
 PG> files.

Some packagers put the contrib/* extension modules in a separate
-contrib package; install the version of that which goes with your
server.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Prakash.R
Postgresql DBA

Re: BUG #15634: extension missing

From
Prakash Ramakrishnan
Date:
Hi Andrew,

Not able to create the below extension can ypu suggest me the solution.

npp=# create extension oracle_fdw;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file "/usr/pgsql-11/share/extension/oracle_fdw.control": No such file or directory
npp=# create extension pltcl;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file "/usr/pgsql-11/share/extension/pltcl.control": No such file or directory
npp=# create extension tds_fdw;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file "/usr/pgsql-11/share/extension/tds_fdw.control": No such file or directory

Regards,
Prakash.R
9551559623

Date:

 Prakash> Hi Andrew,
 Prakash> Not able to create the below extension can ypu suggest me the
 Prakash> solution.

The oracle_fdw and tds_fdw extensions are not part of the postgresql
distribution, but are third-party modules; presumably they have separate
packages.

While pltcl is part of the postgresql distribution it is usually
packaged separately for dependendcy reasons; look for a -pltcl package
matching your postgresql version.

--
Andrew.