Database connection pool expiration

From
Kuk Hyun Kim
Date:
Hi,

Recently, developers are saying that the DB connection is getting
expired causing issue while running long transactions.

Is there a such configuration setting in Postgres and what would be
the default and recommended value for this?

Regards,
Calvin

Re: Database connection pool expiration

From
Shreeyansh Dba
Date:
There may be several performance factors which might be causing the DB connection expired before completing long running transactions. However, you can consider tweaking statement_timeout and idle_in_transaction_session_timeout parameter.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

Recently, developers are saying that the DB connection is getting
expired causing issue while running long transactions.

Is there a such configuration setting in Postgres and what would be
the default and recommended value for this?

Regards,
Calvin

Re: Database connection pool expiration

From
Calvin Kim
Date:
Hi,

I have checked both and they were all commented out, so they were disabled.

Could there be some other db config to check for?

Thanks.
Calvin

Sent from my iPhone

There may be several performance factors which might be causing the DB connection expired before completing long running transactions. However, you can consider tweaking statement_timeout and idle_in_transaction_session_timeout parameter.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

Recently, developers are saying that the DB connection is getting
expired causing issue while running long transactions.

Is there a such configuration setting in Postgres and what would be
the default and recommended value for this?

Regards,
Calvin

Re: Database connection pool expiration

From
Shreeyansh Dba
Date:
How are you connecting to the Database? What message you get?

If you are using the middleware (like pgbouncer or pgpool-II) for connections, These tools also have its own connection timeout parameter settings.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

[...]

Upgrade Moving Data

From
"Ferrell, Denise SDC"

Upgrading from RHEL5 Postgres v.9.5 to RHEL7 v10.3 on VMs.

While the database objects have been created on the new VM I'm having issues getting the data moved over.  I've tried a data only pg dump and restore it fails.

Any ideas as to how to accomplish this

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

Denise

Re: Upgrade Moving Data

From
Shreeyansh Dba
Date:
Hi Denise,

Can you share error how you did it and what issues you faced?

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com