About SSL connection

From
John Mikel

i was trying to enable SSL on postgresql 10 and 11 Servers after searching
on postregsql documentation i found this :
ALTER SYSTEM SET configuration_parameter { TO | = } { value | 'value' | DEFAULT }
on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/sql-altersystem.html
i used
ALTER SYSTEM SET SSL = ON , querry executed successfully
after that i entred this Select *  from pg_settings , i saw that ssl value is off,
after  stoping the service of postgresql it wont start again
i tried this on both servers 11 and 10 the same problem (the server wont start again)
I'm using widonws 7 x64.
my question is  how to enbale SSL ?
ps : i created all require cert files.
sorry for my bad english.

Re: About SSL connection

From
Ron
Date:
i was trying to enable SSL on postgresql 10 and 11 Servers after searching
on postregsql documentation i found this :
ALTER SYSTEM SET configuration_parameter { TO | = } { value | 'value' | DEFAULT }
on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/sql-altersystem.html
i used
ALTER SYSTEM SET SSL = ON , querry executed successfully
after that i entred this Select *  from pg_settings , i saw that ssl value is off,
after  stoping the service of postgresql it wont start again
i tried this on both servers 11 and 10 the same problem (the server wont start again)
I'm using widonws 7 x64.
my question is  how to enbale SSL ?
ps : i created all require cert files.

What errors in the log files?

Re: About SSL connection

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 1/6/19 6:10 AM, John Mikel wrote:

> Hi,
> i was trying to enable SSL on postgresql 10 and 11 Servers after searching
> on postregsql documentation i found this :
>
> ALTER SYSTEM SET/|configuration_parameter|/  { TO | = } {/|value|/  | '/|value|/' | DEFAULT }
>
> on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/sql-altersystem.html
> i used
>
> ALTER SYSTEM SET SSL = ON , querry executed successfully
>
> after that i entred this Select *  from pg_settings , i saw that ssl value is off,
>
> after  stoping the service of postgresql it wont start again

In addition to what Ron said about checking the logs, you could change
the ssl setting back to 'off' in the postgresql.conf file.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: About SSL connection

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 1/7/19 2:51 AM, John Mikel wrote:

Please reply to list also
Ccing list

> Thanks,
> after setting the postgresql.conf file nothing changes (ssl = off)
> is this a bug or what ?

Did you restart the server?

Per Ron's post what are the error messages in the Postgres and/or system
logs?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/ssl-tcp.html

> Le dim. 6 janv. 2019 à 21:01, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> a écrit :
>
>     On 1/6/19 6:10 AM, John Mikel wrote:
>      >
>      > Hi,
>      > i was trying to enable SSL on postgresql 10 and 11 Servers after
>     searching
>      > on postregsql documentation i found this :
>      >
>      > ALTER SYSTEM SET/|configuration_parameter|/  { TO | = }
>     {/|value|/  | '/|value|/' | DEFAULT }
>      >
>      > on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/sql-altersystem.html
>      > i used
>      >
>      > ALTER SYSTEM SET SSL = ON , querry executed successfully
>      >
>      > after that i entred this Select *  from pg_settings , i saw that
>     ssl value is off,
>      >
>      > after  stoping the service of postgresql it wont start again
>
>     In addition to what Ron said about checking the logs, you could change
>     the ssl setting back to 'off' in the postgresql.conf file.
>
>      >
>      > i tried this on both servers 11 and 10 the same problem (the
>     server wont start again)
>      >
>      > I'm using widonws 7 x64.
>      >
>      > my question is  how to enbale SSL ?
>      >
>      > ps : i created all require cert files.
>      >
>      > sorry for my bad english.
>      >

>     --