Temp tables

From
bhargav kamineni
Date:
Hi,

What happens if we create and insert/update the data in TEMP tables , Does that data really gets inserted at disk level or at buffer level and what happens to this data after completion of the transaction ?

Thanks
Banu

Re: Temp tables

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
What happens if we create and insert/update the data in TEMP tables , Does that data really gets inserted at disk level or at buffer level

Disk

 and what happens to this data after completion of the transaction ?

Your choice. See “on conflict” clause of create temp table command.

David J.

Re: Temp tables

From
Laurenz Albe
Date:
David G. Johnston wrote:
> >  and what happens to this data after completion of the transaction ?
> >

> Your choice. See “on conflict” clause of create temp table command.

You mean the ON COMMIT clause.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe