Compatibility issues with version 9.5

From
Camila Gonçalves
Date:
Dear friends,

I'm trying to install Postgres version 9.5 on an machine Ubuntu 18.04.

But I'm having problems.

Is this version of postgres compatible with my system?

Thanks a lot my friends.

Camila Gonçalves

Re: Compatibility issues with version 9.5

From
Renato dos Santos
Date:
What problems do you have?

I'm trying to install Postgres version 9.5 on an machine Ubuntu 18.04.

But I'm having problems.

Is this version of postgres compatible with my system?

Thanks a lot my friends.

Camila Gonçalves

Re: Compatibility issues with version 9.5

From
Camila Gonçalves

Hello my friend,

That's the problem:

-------

$ sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package postgresql-9.5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'postgresql-9.5' has no installation candidate

-------

This version is not in the repository.

Is there a possibility to add?

thanks,

I'm trying to install Postgres version 9.5 on an machine Ubuntu 18.04.

But I'm having problems.

Is this version of postgres compatible with my system?

Thanks a lot my friends.

Camila Gonçalves

Re: Compatibility issues with version 9.5

From
Joe Conway
Date:
On 11/9/18 8:55 AM, Camila Gonçalves wrote:
> Hello my friend,
>
> That's the problem:
>
> -------
>
> $ sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.5
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package postgresql-9.5 is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
>
> E: Package 'postgresql-9.5' has no installation candidate

See the instructions at:

  https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/

Hope this helps,

Joe