PostgreSQL 11 RC1 + GA Dates

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
Hi,

Based on the current status of the open items and where we are at in the
release cycle, the date for the first release candidate of PostgreSQL 11
will be 2018-10-11.

If all goes well with RC1, the PostgreSQL 11.0 GA release will be
2018-10-18. This is subject to change if we find any issues during the
RC1 period that indicate we need to make an additional release candidate
prior to going GA.

To the entire community, thank you for all of your hard work on
developing PostgreSQL 11. It is exciting that we are finally at this
point where we are ready to make our major release.

Jonathan

Attachment

Re: PostgreSQL 11 RC1 + GA Dates

From
Sandeep Thakkar
Date:
Hi,

Based on the current status of the open items and where we are at in the
release cycle, the date for the first release candidate of PostgreSQL 11
will be 2018-10-11.

If all goes well with RC1, the PostgreSQL 11.0 GA release will be
2018-10-18. This is subject to change if we find any issues during the
RC1 period that indicate we need to make an additional release candidate
prior to going GA.

So, is 11.0 GA release planned in this week?

--
Sandeep Thakkar

Date:
On 10/15/18 1:46 AM, Sandeep Thakkar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 7:28 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org
> <mailto:jkatz@postgresql.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Based on the current status of the open items and where we are at in the
>     release cycle, the date for the first release candidate of PostgreSQL 11
>     will be 2018-10-11.
>
>     If all goes well with RC1, the PostgreSQL 11.0 GA release will be
>     2018-10-18. This is subject to change if we find any issues during the
>     RC1 period that indicate we need to make an additional release candidate
>     prior to going GA.
>
> So, is 11.0 GA release planned in this week?

PostgreSQL 11 has now been stamped[1] so the release will proceed as
scheduled this week.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1]