pgsql: Change extension of spilled ReorderBufferChange data to ".tmp".

From
Jeff Davis
Date:
Change extension of spilled ReorderBufferChange data to ".tmp".

The previous extension, ".snap", was chosen for historical reasons and
became confusing.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAMp0ubd_P8vBGx8=MfDXQJZxHA5D_Zarw5cCkDxJ_63+pWRJ9w@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/91f26d5fe47e3b06e878f2f1949cbd35e9576c16

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/replication/logical/reorderbuffer.c | 4 ++--

Re: pgsql: Change extension of spilled ReorderBufferChange data to ".tmp".

From
Andres Freund

On August 25, 2018 9:39:12 AM PDT, Jeff Davis <jdavis@postgresql.org> wrote:
>Change extension of spilled ReorderBufferChange data to ".tmp".
>
>The previous extension, ".snap", was chosen for historical reasons and
>became confusing.

Not a fan of .tmp, that well just lead to people deleting them while the server is running etc. How about .spill or
such?

Andres

> On August 25, 2018 9:39:12 AM PDT, Jeff Davis <jdavis@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Change extension of spilled ReorderBufferChange data to ".tmp".
>> The previous extension, ".snap", was chosen for historical reasons and
>> became confusing.

> Not a fan of .tmp, that well just lead to people deleting them while the server is running etc. How about .spill or
such?

Agreed, ".tmp" seems like a bad idea.

            regards, tom lane