xact_start meaning when dealing with procedures?

From
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Date:
Hi
I just noticed that when I called a procedure that commits and rollbacks
- the xact_start in pg_stat_activity is not updated. Is it intentional?

I'm on newest 12devel, built today.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Hubert Lubaczewski (depesz) | DBA
hlubaczewski@instructure.com

Re: xact_start meaning when dealing with procedures?

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 07:49:31PM +0200, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> I just noticed that when I called a procedure that commits and rollbacks
> - the xact_start in pg_stat_activity is not updated. Is it intentional?
>
> I'm on newest 12devel, built today.

That sounds incorrect to me.  I did not test directly but I am adding an
open item.  Peter?
--
Michael

Attachment