ERROR: found multixact from before relminmxid

From
Sean McIntyre
Date:
Dear all,

I just wanted to report that I found similar error "found multixact from before relminmxid" that Alexandre Arruda and Jeremy Finzel recently reported and discussed with Andres Freund. (Thanks all for good notes.)

I get this error when vacuuming a specific table in my high-transaction OLTP workload database. I am running PostgreSQL 9.5.8 on AWS RDS. I'm going to try to pg-repack the table and will look to upgrade to 9.5.9 (though it's not presently available).

Best,

Sean

--

Sean McIntyre
Summer reading calls for summery frames

Re: ERROR: found multixact from before relminmxid

From
Sean McIntyre
Date:
Quick correction :)

I am running PostgreSQL *9.6.8* on AWS RDS. I'm going to try to pg-repack the table and will look to upgrade to *9.6.9* (though it's not presently available on RDS).

Sean

[...]

Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On 2018-Jul-13, Sean McIntyre wrote:

> Quick correction :)
>
> I am running PostgreSQL *9.6.8* on AWS RDS. I'm going to try to pg-repack
> the table and will look to upgrade to *9.6.9* (though it's not presently
> available on RDS).

Yay RDS ...