pgAgent v4.0.0 Released

From
Dave Page
Date:
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of pgAgent v4.0.0.

pgAgent is a job scheduler for PostgreSQL; for more information please see the documentation included as part of the pgAdmin documentation at https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/3.x/pgagent.html.

We expect DEB and RPM packages to be available from the PostgreSQL APT/YUM repositories in due course, as well as an updated installer from EnterpriseDB available through StackBuilder.

Notable changes in this release include:

- Remove the dependency on wxWidgets. pgAgent now uses Boost for thread management and synchronisation [Neel Patel]
- Refactor connection parsing logic to fix issues with and improve handling of connection strings [Thomas Krennwallner]
- Handle 2 digit server version numbers [Ashesh Vashi]
- Fix handling of the "succeeded" flag on job steps which could prevent failure of steps causing the following steps to fail [Sanket Mehta]

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAgent v4.0.0 Released

From
Eugene Wang
Date:
This is awesome. Always have interests to use pgAgent; however, the official documentation about installing is obscure and stop me from getting into it... I honestly cannot get any clue about steps I should do from this https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/3.x/pgagent.html link.

Maybe installing pgagent is easy to a lot of people. There are still a lot of people asking questions of pgagent installation in Stackoverflow.

Can any one contribute a step by step tutorial? I will truly appreciate it.

Yujie Wang (Welcome to call me Eugene, for your pronunciation convenience)
GIS Developer
Connected2fiber

Date:
[...]

Date:
Hi

This is awesome. Always have interests to use pgAgent; however, the official documentation about installing is obscure and stop me from getting into it... I honestly cannot get any clue about steps I should do from this https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/3.x/pgagent.html link.

Maybe installing pgagent is easy to a lot of people. There are still a lot of people asking questions of pgagent installation in Stackoverflow.

Can any one contribute a step by step tutorial? I will truly appreciate it.

We only publish source code for pgAgent - you will find a README in the archive that has step by step build and configuration instructions to compile it yourself.

However, I would suggest waiting for the Debian/Ubuntu or Redhat packages or Windows/Mac installers from EnterpriseDB to be released. These will have pre-built binaries and are a lot easier to install (but the instructions will be package-specific so don't come from us).

Regards, Dave.

[...]

Date:
Hi

[...]

joeg3333
Date:
Hello,
I see that the pgagent_11-4.0.0-2.rhel6.x86_64.rpm package is included only
in the rhel6 package downloads, and not in any of the rhel7 ones.  Why is
that and when might pgAgent be added to the RedHat 7 packages?  I have a
RedHat 7 server and would love to put pgAgent on it, but i have had no luck
building it from the Source Code due to too many errors for me to follow /
debug.  Thanks in advance for your advice.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-hackers-f2155306.html