Table 28.4. wait_event description typo

From
Pavlo Golub
Date:
Greetings, Pgsql-docs.

On monitoring statistic page [1] we have typo. Table 28.4. wait_event
description contains:

ClientRead  Waiting to read data from the client.
ClientWrite Waiting to write data from the client.
                                  ^^^^^
It should state TO CLIENT.
Thannks

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/monitoring-stats.html

--
Kind regards,
 Pavlo                          mailto:pavlo.golub@cybertec.at

Re: Table 28.4. wait_event description typo

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 10:12:29AM +0300, Pavlo Golub wrote:
> On monitoring statistic page [1] we have typo. Table 28.4. wait_event
> description contains:

> ClientRead  Waiting to read data from the client.
> ClientWrite Waiting to write data from the client.
>                                   ^^^^^
> It should state TO CLIENT.

Good catch.  It seems that this is my fault as what has been done in
6f3bd98.  So let's update the docs as you suggest, the attached does so
FWIW.
--
Michael

Attachment

Re: Table 28.4. wait_event description typo

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On 2018-May-30, Michael Paquier wrote:

> > ClientRead  Waiting to read data from the client.
> > ClientWrite Waiting to write data from the client.
> >                                   ^^^^^
> > It should state TO CLIENT.
>
> Good catch.  It seems that this is my fault as what has been done in
> 6f3bd98.  So let's update the docs as you suggest, the attached does so
> FWIW.

I do not think that patch does what you think it does.

Date:
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 01:30:08PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I do not think that patch does what you think it does.

Oops.  Sorry another patch got on the way.  Here you go.
--
Michael

Attachment

Date:
On 2018-May-30, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 01:30:08PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I do not think that patch does what you think it does.
>
> Oops.  Sorry another patch got on the way.  Here you go.

Okay, pushed.  Because of the sgml to xml conversion, it didn't apply to
pg10 cleanly.

Date:
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 02:14:42PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Okay, pushed.  Because of the sgml to xml conversion, it didn't apply to
> pg10 cleanly.

Thanks Álvaro.
--
Michael