How to reply to an existing bug?

From
Erwin Brandstetter
Date:
I found an existing bug report and have something to add to it.

What's the best way to reply to it? Just using a browser, with no newsreader installed.

This one:

I want to add a related question on stackoverflow.com

And that the same bug has been carried over to IDENTITY columns.

Regards
Erwin

Re: How to reply to an existing bug?

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20170925084522.1442.32786%40wrigleys.postgresql.org#20170925084522.1442.32786@wrigleys.postgresql.org

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50553558/postgresql-add-serial-column-if-not-exists-still-creating-sequences/50557433

> And that the same bug has been carried over to IDENTITY columns.
>
> https://dbfiddle.uk/?rdbms=postgres_10&fiddle=ac978b262727fa842aa1a71349a23767

I think that warrants a new bug report (maybe with a reference to the previous one).

Re: How to reply to an existing bug?

From
Magnus Hagander

I found an existing bug report and have something to add to it.

What's the best way to reply to it? Just using a browser, with no newsreader installed.

This one:

There is no way to do that from the browser alone in the archives. The easiest you can do is download the thread mbox (one is available for each thread, so you don't have do download a whole month worth of email) and open it in your mail program. That should give you an option to reply from there, and the reply will properly have the references required to enter the thread properly.

/Magnus