Is there any C functions that convert the entry to string?

From
"a"
Date:
Saying that I am writing a C function that may facing varies of types. Is there a postgresql function that will automatically call the relative to_string function and transform them to string??

Re: Is there any C functions that convert the entry to string?

Date:
"=?ISO-8859-1?B?YQ==?=" <372660931@qq.com> writes:
> Saying that I am writing a C function that may facing varies of types. Is there a postgresql function that will
automaticallycall the relative to_string function and transform them to string??

You might look at the format() function (a/k/a text_format).

            regards, tom lane