We have no Windows critters contributing typedef lists

Date:
A pgindent run I just did showed me that we no longer have entries in
the buildfarm's typedefs list for any typedefs that are used only in
EXEC_BACKEND builds --- and, I suppose, none for Windows-only code
either.  I suppose that one of the recently deceased Windows animals
was the only one contributing those.  We need to improve this situation
before it's time to run pgindent again.

I'm not sure what the infrastructure requirements are for extracting
typedefs from Windows builds.

            regards, tom lane

Re: We have no Windows critters contributing typedef lists

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> A pgindent run I just did showed me that we no longer have entries in
> the buildfarm's typedefs list for any typedefs that are used only in
> EXEC_BACKEND builds --- and, I suppose, none for Windows-only code
> either.  I suppose that one of the recently deceased Windows animals
> was the only one contributing those.  We need to improve this situation
> before it's time to run pgindent again.
>
> I'm not sure what the infrastructure requirements are for extracting
> typedefs from Windows builds.

Nothing special I think. I have just enabled it for jacana and also
for bowerbird which I am reviving. Basically it's just a matter of
adding
    find_typedefs => {},
to the optional_steps part of the config file. That will make it get
the typedefs for every build of every branch.

You should see some results in a few hours.

cheers

andrew

Re: We have no Windows critters contributing typedef lists

Date:
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what the infrastructure requirements are for extracting
>> typedefs from Windows builds.

> Nothing special I think. I have just enabled it for jacana and also
> for bowerbird which I am reviving.

Thanks!

            regards, tom lane

Re: We have no Windows critters contributing typedef lists

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 11:10 AM, Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> A pgindent run I just did showed me that we no longer have entries in
>> the buildfarm's typedefs list for any typedefs that are used only in
>> EXEC_BACKEND builds --- and, I suppose, none for Windows-only code
>> either.  I suppose that one of the recently deceased Windows animals
>> was the only one contributing those.  We need to improve this situation
>> before it's time to run pgindent again.
>>
>> I'm not sure what the infrastructure requirements are for extracting
>> typedefs from Windows builds.
>>

> Nothing special I think. I have just enabled it for jacana and also
> for bowerbird which I am reviving. Basically it's just a matter of
> adding
>     find_typedefs => {},
> to the optional_steps part of the config file. That will make it get
> the typedefs for every build of every branch.
>
> You should see some results in a few hours.

Or not. There is a strange error I will need to get to the bottom of.
Might be a day or two.

cheers

andrew