momjian.us is down?

From
Igal
Date:
I am trying to connect to http://momjian.us/ but I get connection
timeout (from Firefox):

The connection has timed out

The server at momjian.us is taking too long to respond.

     The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in
a few moments.
     If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network
connection.
     If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Same from curl:

$ curl http://momjian.us/
curl: (7) Failed to connect to momjian.us port 80: Connection timed out

Igal

Re: momjian.us is down?

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 03/04/2018 05:53 PM, Igal wrote:
> I am trying to connect to http://momjian.us/ but I get connection
> timeout (from Firefox):

Works for me from FF. Maybe a caching issue? Have you tried:

Ctrl + Shift + R

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: momjian.us is down?

From
Igal
Date:
On 03/04/2018 07:24 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 03/04/2018 05:53 PM, Igal wrote:
>> I am trying to connect to http://momjian.us/ but I get connection
>> timeout (from Firefox):
>
> Works for me from FF. Maybe a caching issue? Have you tried:
>
> Ctrl + Shift + R

Thanks, I'm not  sure if something else was fixed, but now it works.  I
don't think that it had to do with caching as I couldn't even ping it
before, and it was like that for me (connecting from AT&T network in
California) for the whole weekend.

Anyway, now I have access to the excellent presentation materials!

Igal

Re: momjian.us is down?

Date:
Igal <igal@lucee.org> writes:
> On 03/04/2018 07:24 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 03/04/2018 05:53 PM, Igal wrote:
>>> I am trying to connect to http://momjian.us/ but I get connection
>>> timeout (from Firefox):

> Thanks, I'm not sure if something else was fixed, but now it works.  I
> don't think that it had to do with caching as I couldn't even ping it
> before, and it was like that for me (connecting from AT&T network in
> California) for the whole weekend.

Dunno if it's related, but large parts of the US Northeast were without
power over the weekend due to storm damage.

            regards, tom lane

Re: momjian.us is down?

From
Igal

On 03/04/2018 09:57 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Igal <igal@lucee.org> writes:
> Dunno if it's related, but large parts of the US Northeast were without
> power over the weekend due to storm damage.

Looks like the site is hosted in Philadelphia, so very possibly
related.  I'm glad that the storm is behind you guys now.

Thank you,

Igal

Re: momjian.us is down?

Date:
On Sun, Mar  4, 2018 at 11:22:56PM -0800, Igal wrote:

> On 03/04/2018 09:57 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Igal <igal@lucee.org> writes:
> >Dunno if it's related, but large parts of the US Northeast were without
> >power over the weekend due to storm damage.
>
> Looks like the site is hosted in Philadelphia, so very possibly related.
> I'm glad that the storm is behind you guys now.

Yes, a weather-related power outage was the cause of the 48-hour
downtime.  Sorry.