Postgres hangs for the query "lock table in exclusive mode"

From
Vinodh NV
Date:
Hi,

Postgres hangs for the query "lock table <Tablename> in exclusive mode"
Can you please let me know what could be the reason and how to resolve it?

Regards,
Vinodh.

Re: Postgres hangs for the query "lock table in exclusive mode"

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
Postgres hangs for the query "lock table <Tablename> in exclusive mode"
Can you please let me know what could be the reason and how to resolve it?

Not readily, but that's why the pg_locks view exists.

David J.