Streaming commtifest as RSS feed

From
Nikolay Shaplov
Date:
Hi!

For my own purposes I wrote a script that creates an RSS feed of new patches
submitted to commitfest (so I can choose one I can review).

Not it just parses the commitfest site (and caches what can be cached)

It now works online at http://perl.nataraj.su/commitfest-rss/commitfest-rss.pl

The script itself is in the attachment.

It perfectly suits me, but I think others may also need something like this.
For example a feed of "ready for commiter" patches or feed of patches with
"commited" or "returned with feedback" statuses.
Or may be even some per patch feeds with the history of status changes.

I think that these all things is better to write taking data right from the
commtifest DB.
If you need such feeds, and perl is acceptable as an implementation language,
I can write script for all these cases.

--
Do code for fun.
Attachment

Re: Streaming commtifest as RSS feed

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:27 AM, Nikolay Shaplov <dhyan@nataraj.su> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For my own purposes I wrote a script that creates an RSS feed of new patches
> submitted to commitfest (so I can choose one I can review).
>
> Not it just parses the commitfest site (and caches what can be cached)
>
> It now works online at http://perl.nataraj.su/commitfest-rss/commitfest-rss.pl
>
> The script itself is in the attachment.
>
> It perfectly suits me, but I think others may also need something like this.
> For example a feed of "ready for commiter" patches or feed of patches with
> "commited" or "returned with feedback" statuses.
> Or may be even some per patch feeds with the history of status changes.
>
> I think that these all things is better to write taking data right from the
> commtifest DB.
> If you need such feeds, and perl is acceptable as an implementation language,
> I can write script for all these cases.

Good idea ! It should quite easy to implement in commitfest web engine
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgcommitfest2.git;a=summary

> --
> Do code for fun.

Re: Streaming commtifest as RSS feed

From
Magnus Hagander

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 10:34 PM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:27 AM, Nikolay Shaplov <dhyan@nataraj.su> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For my own purposes I wrote a script that creates an RSS feed of new patches
> submitted to commitfest (so I can choose one I can review).
>
> Not it just parses the commitfest site (and caches what can be cached)
>
> It now works online at http://perl.nataraj.su/commitfest-rss/commitfest-rss.pl
>
> The script itself is in the attachment.
>
> It perfectly suits me, but I think others may also need something like this.
> For example a feed of "ready for commiter" patches or feed of patches with
> "commited" or "returned with feedback" statuses.
> Or may be even some per patch feeds with the history of status changes.
>
> I think that these all things is better to write taking data right from the
> commtifest DB.
> If you need such feeds, and perl is acceptable as an implementation language,
> I can write script for all these cases.

Good idea ! It should quite easy to implement in commitfest web engine
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgcommitfest2.git;a=summary

This is definitely something that would be easy to add to the CF app directly, if we can come up with a good list of what feeds we want, and what we want in them.

We already have feeds for activity log on a global or on a per-commitfest level. So we already have all the infrastructure in place (which is mostly just using the Django modules for it anyway) -- adding new feeds is trivial.