Can not execute DDL in SSIS.

From
"Der Fluch"
Date:
Hi,

I'd like to drop some indexed inside an SSIS SQL Task, but this failed with the following error: "Connection is readonly, only select statements are allowed.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

I've checked the connection, which should be fine because ddl can run in pgadmin or other ODBC query tools.
In the SSIS Task, statements like 'select'/ 'refresh' work as expected, which I guess it does not change the database schema. But create/drop would fail.
I've seen some posts that say we sould check if the odbc.ini is set to readonly. But I do not know which odbc.ini it refers to.

Any idea how to solve this?

Many thanks!

Re: Can not execute DDL in SSIS.

From
Rakesh Kumar
Date:
Isn't SSIS SQL Server based tool.   What has it got to do with PG?

Date:
Isn't SSIS SQL Server based tool.   What has it got to do with PG?

Re: Can not execute DDL in SSIS.

From
Jonathan Byrd
SSIS can connect to anything and presumably send the DDL statements to be executed on the target DB

Sent with Outlook for iOS

Isn't SSIS SQL Server based tool.   What has it got to do with PG?

Re: Can not execute DDL in SSIS.

From
"Der Fluch"
Date:
Thanks all for the reply.
I think I have found the issue.
I installed the dsn from a program which set the permission to readonly. So even I changed the user to admin, it still performed read only operation.
While in pgadmin, it does not use the dsn, so there is no permission issue.

Thanks any way.