Mimic parse bind execute in psql?

From
Jeremy Finzel
Date:
If I want to mimic a log statement that is from an application that uses PARSE/BIND/EXECUTE, is there any way to mimic this behavior in psql, for example to troubleshoot execution plans, other than writing a named prepared statement, or manually subbing the parameters?

It would be nice to take the commands just as in they appear in the log files and execute them in psql as PARSE .... BIND ... EXECUTE.  Perhaps I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Mimic parse bind execute in psql?

Date:
Jeremy Finzel <finzelj@gmail.com> writes:
> If I want to mimic a log statement that is from an application that uses
> PARSE/BIND/EXECUTE, is there any way to mimic this behavior in psql, for
> example to troubleshoot execution plans, other than writing a named
> prepared statement, or manually subbing the parameters?

psql hasn't any way to do that.  You might consider pgbench as a
possible substitute though --- not only can it do PARSE/BIND/EXECUTE,
but you can insert appropriate parameter values via variables.

            regards, tom lane