BUG #14970: Foreign Data Wrapper for windows

From
prabakaranbc@gmail.com
Date:

Bug reference:      14970
Logged by:          Prabakaran C
Email address:      prabakaranbc@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.0
Operating system:   Windows7

Dear Team,
Kindly help me to find foreign data wrapper for windows to connect to MS SQL
server.

We need to take data from MS SQL database and create views in Postgres.

We could not find any wrapper to support for Windows 32 bit server.

Regards,
Prabakaran C
Software Developer
Tata Consultancy Service
India

Re: BUG #14970: Foreign Data Wrapper for windows

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 4:45 PM,  <prabakaranbc@gmail.com> wrote:
> We need to take data from MS SQL database and create views in Postgres.
>
> We could not find any wrapper to support for Windows 32 bit server.

If you look at the wiki page dedicated to FDWs
(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers), I can see
that tds_fdw can work with SQL server:
https://github.com/tds-fdw/tds_fdw
It doesn't seem to support windows builds, so it may be better to see
with those folks what's happening.
--
Michael