[GENERAL] Fwd: standby stop replicating, then picked back up

From
chris kim

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: standby stop replicating, then picked back up
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 13:04:18 -0700
From: chris kim <chrisk@propaas.com>
To: pgsql-in-general@postgresql.org <pgsql-in-general@postgresql.org>

Hello,

I had a standby hang for a while, not replicating, but then it fixed
itself but I'm not sure why it happened in the first place. What would I
look into to see why this happened, or any insight into why is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: standby stop replicating, then picked back up

From
Laurenz Albe
chris kim wrote:
> I had a standby hang for a while, not replicating, but then it fixed
> itself but I'm not sure why it happened in the first place. What would I
> look into to see why this happened, or any insight into why is greatly
> appreciated.

You give us precious little information.

If there is nothing suspicious in the log, and hot standby is enabled,
and the standby is configured appropriately, it could be that a conflicting
query on the standby block WAL application for a while.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe