Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode

From
Amit Langote
Date:
Horiguchi-san,

On 2017/03/31 15:50, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> At Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:58:35 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
>> Updated patch attached.
>
> Thank you.
>
> - Applies cleanly on master (f90d23d)
> - Compiled without error
> - Code seems fine.
> - Documentaion seems fine.. for me.
> - Passes regression test.
> - Leaving the ALTER-on-toast.* problem is fine for me.

Thanks for the review.

> The regression contains the tests to fail with several reloptions
> only for partitioned tables. Are they still required even though
> it is now in the same framework with other kind of reloptions?

Hmm, maybe we don't really need those tests, so removed.

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode

From
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Date:
At Fri, 31 Mar 2017 16:17:05 +0900, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote in
<2dec1acb-6e2f-5aa5-0e26-fcc172ce9359@lab.ntt.co.jp>
> Horiguchi-san,
>
> On 2017/03/31 15:50, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> > At Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:58:35 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> >> Updated patch attached.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > - Applies cleanly on master (f90d23d)
> > - Compiled without error
> > - Code seems fine.
> > - Documentaion seems fine.. for me.
> > - Passes regression test.
> > - Leaving the ALTER-on-toast.* problem is fine for me.
>
> Thanks for the review.
>
> > The regression contains the tests to fail with several reloptions
> > only for partitioned tables. Are they still required even though
> > it is now in the same framework with other kind of reloptions?
>
> Hmm, maybe we don't really need those tests, so removed.

I have no more comment on this. Thank you.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 4:33 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> I have no more comment on this. Thank you.

I committed this with a few tweaks.  I simplified the wording in the
documentation a bit, removed or adjusted a couple of comments, and
slightly changed the way the logic works in parseRelOptions in a way
that I think is simpler.

Thanks for reviewing, and thanks to Maksim as well, and thanks to Amit
for writing the patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
On 2017/04/01 5:29, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 4:33 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I have no more comment on this. Thank you.
>
> I committed this with a few tweaks.  I simplified the wording in the
> documentation a bit, removed or adjusted a couple of comments, and
> slightly changed the way the logic works in parseRelOptions in a way
> that I think is simpler.

Looks good.

> Thanks for reviewing, and thanks to Maksim as well, and thanks to Amit
> for writing the patch.

Thanks for committing. :)

Regards,
Amit