Installing postgres on win XP

From
"Anup Bordia"
Date:
I am trying to install Postgresql 8.0.3/ 8.0.2 on windows XP.

I get following error:

This installation package cannot be openned. Verify that the package exists
and that you access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that
this is a valid windows installer package.

This happens right after I click on "Start>" button after the language
choice window.

Appreciate your help.  Thanks,

Andy

Re: Installing postgres on win XP

From
"Dave Page"

Are you running straight from Winzip? If so, extract the files to disk
first, then run it.

Regards, Dave

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Does anyone know why it can't install without being unzipped, and can
that be fixed?

Re: Installing postgres on win XP

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > > I am trying to install Postgresql 8.0.3/ 8.0.2 on windows XP.
> > >
> > > I get following error:
> > >
> > > This installation package cannot be openned. Verify that
> the package
> > > exists and that you access it, or contact the application
> vendor to
> > > verify that this is a valid windows installer package.
> > >
> > > This happens right after I click on "Start>" button after the
> > > language choice window.
> >
> > Are you running straight from Winzip? If so, extract the
> files to disk
> > first, then run it.
>
> Does anyone know why it can't install without being unzipped,
> and can that be fixed?

Yes. It contains two files, and if you just doubleclick on the file in
winzip it will only unzip one of the files.

I don't beleive that can be fixed.

//Magnus