Upgrading from 8.0RC1 to 8.0

From
Vitaly Belman
Date:
Is there some direction on how it is to be done?
Can download the installation packet and run it and it will upgrade
the old version (and stop/start the service)?
Or do I have to uninstall the RC1 and do the whole pg_dump/restore process?

I looked around a bit but found no clear direction.

--
 ICQ: 1912453
 AIM: VitalyB1984

Re: Upgrading from 8.0RC1 to 8.0

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
>Is there some direction on how it is to be done?
>Can download the installation packet and run it and it will upgrade
>the old version (and stop/start the service)?
>Or do I have to uninstall the RC1 and do the whole
>pg_dump/restore process?
>
>I looked around a bit but found no clear direction.

1) Uninstall the old version. The data directory will *not* be
uninstalled, so your data is safe.
2) Install the new version. Specify the old data directory for the new
installation, and chose *not* to initdb.

That's allt here is to it, really. Of course, do a pg_dump before you
start in case anything goes wrong. But if things go right, it should not
be needed.

//Magnus