pg_dumpall on win32

From
Marko Zmak
Date:
The WIn32 version of pg_dumpall doesn't work well. When I start it, it
gives the following error:

pg_dumpall.exe: running """C:/Prog/Copy of PostgreSQL/bin/pg_dump.exe"  -v
-Fp '
evidencija''"'"
Password:
pg_dump.exe: [archiver (db)] connection to database "'evidencija'''"
failed: FAT
AL:  database "'evidencija'''" does not exist
pg_dump.exe: *** aborted because of error
pg_dumpall.exe: pg_dump failed on database "evidencija", exiting

It seems like it tries to connect to the database in order to dump it, but
it gives 'evidencija''' as dbname instead of evidencija.

The similar thing happens when you start to pg_dumpall as some other user
(not pgsql) but give the username on command line (-U option). It tries to
connect to the database as user 'pgsql' and not pgsql.

Would you try to fix it?

Thx.

Marko Zmak
E-mail: xmak@sharanet.org
Mob: 098/212-801

Re: pg_dumpall on win32

From
Marko Zmak
> The WIn32 version of pg_dumpall doesn't work well. When I start it, it gives
> the following error:
>
> pg_dumpall.exe: running """C:/Prog/Copy of PostgreSQL/bin/pg_dump.exe"  -v
> -Fp '
> evidencija''"'"
> Password:
> pg_dump.exe: [archiver (db)] connection to database "'evidencija'''" failed:
> FAT
> AL:  database "'evidencija'''" does not exist
> pg_dump.exe: *** aborted because of error
> pg_dumpall.exe: pg_dump failed on database "evidencija", exiting
>
> It seems like it tries to connect to the database in order to dump it, but it
> gives 'evidencija''' as dbname instead of evidencija.
>
> The similar thing happens when you start to pg_dumpall as some other user
> (not pgsql) but give the username on command line (-U option). It tries to
> connect to the database as user 'pgsql' and not pgsql.
>
> Would you try to fix it?
>
> Thx.

Re: pg_dumpall on win32

From
Jochem van Dieten
Date:
Marko Zmak wrote:

> The WIn32 version of pg_dumpall doesn't work well. When I start it, it
> gives the following error:
>
> pg_dumpall.exe: running """C:/Prog/Copy of PostgreSQL/bin/pg_dump.exe"
> -v -Fp '
> evidencija''"'"
> Password:
> pg_dump.exe: [archiver (db)] connection to database "'evidencija'''"
> failed: FAT
> AL:  database "'evidencija'''" does not exist
> pg_dump.exe: *** aborted because of error
> pg_dumpall.exe: pg_dump failed on database "evidencija", exiting
>
> It seems like it tries to connect to the database in order to dump it,
> but it gives 'evidencija''' as dbname instead of evidencija.

I have the same issue with older snapshots, but with Magnus' July
29 binary or the second pginstaller I get a different error:

     The program "pg_dump" was found by pg_dumpall but was not
the same version as "pg_dumpall".
     Check your installation.

Jochem

Re: pg_dumpall on win32

Date:
Jochem van Dieten wrote:
> Marko Zmak wrote:
> >
> > The WIn32 version of pg_dumpall doesn't work well. When I start it, it
> > gives the following error:
> >
> > pg_dumpall.exe: running """C:/Prog/Copy of PostgreSQL/bin/pg_dump.exe"
> > -v -Fp '
> > evidencija''"'"
> > Password:
> > pg_dump.exe: [archiver (db)] connection to database "'evidencija'''"
> > failed: FAT
> > AL:  database "'evidencija'''" does not exist
> > pg_dump.exe: *** aborted because of error
> > pg_dumpall.exe: pg_dump failed on database "evidencija", exiting
> >
> > It seems like it tries to connect to the database in order to dump it,
> > but it gives 'evidencija''' as dbname instead of evidencija.
>
> I have the same issue with older snapshots, but with Magnus' July
> 29 binary or the second pginstaller I get a different error:
>
>      The program "pg_dump" was found by pg_dumpall but was not
> the same version as "pg_dumpall".
>      Check your installation.

I can confirm that failure on July 29 build.  I will add it to the open
items list.