postmaster.pid left behind after a Windows crash

From
"Jomar Andrade"
Date:
Congratulations for the great job on the Win32 port. There are many details to care about during compiling and first installing but, comparing to Cygwin procedures, there´s no comparison.
I´ve noticed that, after a abnormal Windows termination (what happens quite occasionally...) the pg_ctl service doesn´t start due to the presence of the postmaster.pid´s "spectrum" inside the data directory. I worked it out, for now, with a startup script that checks the pid's  presence, but it would be nice to have this check somewhere else (pg_ctl?)

Best regards;

Jomar